The modern design, outstanding flight characteristics and half the operating costs compared to conventional training aircraft make the SportStar RTC the ideal airplane for PPL / Part FCL training in flight schools, maintaining pilot licenses and also for travelling.
The Airplane for Aeroclubs
The SportStar RTC designed for daily operation in clubs and flight schools has a modern durable airframe, excellent flight characteristics, easy maintenance and low operating costs. During operation you will especially appreciate the reliable Rotax engine, which has low fuel consumption and saves costs through automotive fuel usage.
Excellent Flight Characteristics
The SportStar RTC is an easy to fly aircraft with outstanding control harmonies, sensitive to the pilot´s commands at both high and low speeds and with uncompromising stability during flight. These characteristics make the SportStar RTC a favourite of both students and CFIs.
The SportStar RTC design is based on the EASA JAR-VLA certified aircraft and reflects the latest development in design, safety and cockpit comfort found in modern light sport aircrafts. The useful load being the largest in its category and a flying range of up to 1 300 km make the SportStar RTC the perfect aircraft for tourism and travel.
Robust Metal Airframe
The SportStar RTC has a robust anodized and corrosion-proof metal airframe. All structural joints are not only riveted but also adhesively bonded to reach enhanced fatigue life. Excellent strength and reliability of the SportStar has been proven during flight school operations worldwide.
Low Operating Costs
The SportStar RTC was designed to have low operating costs, easy maintenance and to meet the operation specifics of flight schools. A low fuel consumption of 15 l per hour on average and easy maintenance has cut operating costs in halve compared to conventional training aircraft.
The Airplane with Parachute
The SportStar RTC design meets the highest safety standards of General Aviation. For further enhancement of safety features the airplane can be equipped with a parachute rescue system, ready for activation in case of emergency.
The comfortable and spacious cockpit of a stylish arrangement, state-of-the art avionics and an outstanding all-round cockpit view will keep you relaxed both during training and cross country flights. The SportStar RTC cockpit has shoulder room of 1.18 m (more than Cessna / Piper four seaters), providing enough space even for taller pilots.
The stylish cockpit is equipped with comfortable seating, adjustable pedals, upholstered arm rests, bottle holders and an efficient heating and ventilation system. An almost 360° all-round view provides you the perfect cockpit view and situational awareness during all phases of flight.
Avionics and Equipment
- Set of standard flight instruments - Airspeed indicator (kts), Altimeter (ft/mBarr), Variometer (ft/min)
- Turn and bank indicator
- Artificial horizon RCA 26AK
- Directional gyro RCA 15AK-1
- Compass SIRS
- Digital flight clock
- RPM indicator
- Cylinder head temperature indicator (°C)
- Electric fuel quantity indicator (left tank / right tank)
- Fuel pressure gauge (mBarr)
- Oil temperature indicator (°C)
- Oil pressure indicator (mBarr)
- Outside air thermometer (°C)
- Engine hour meter Hobbs with oil pressure sensor
- COMM Garmin GTR225A + Transponder GTX 328 (mode S) + ACK A30
- GPS Garmin Area 500 Atlantic in AirGizmo dock
- Headsets Flightcom 4 DLX
- Glass cockpit Dynon SkyView 10" EFIS + 7" EMS + ADAHRS + GPS Modul (2x)
- Back-up ADAHRS modul + OAT + back-up battery (2x)
- Back-up Air speed indicator + Altimeter
- COMM Garmin GTR225A + Transponder GTX328 (mode S) + ACK A-30
- Compass SIRS
- Headsets Flightcom 4 DLX
- Dual control sticks
- Dual hydraulic brakes (4 pumps)
- Steerable nose wheel
- Adjustable pedals (3 positions)
- Parking brake
- Mechanical flaps
- Electric trim with dual control switches (pitch) and trim position indicator
- Stall speed warning system
- Longitudinal, lateral, flaps and nose wheel control through push / pull rods
- Throttle control with friction lock
- Combined starting switch
- Press-button circuit brakers
- Avionics master switch
- Cockpit comfort package (stylish cockpit arrangement, middle console, instrument panel ledge, central and canopy side arm rests, bottle holders, pocket at seats front and side panels, extended side panels, ergonomic stick and flaps grips, design carpets)
- Standard seats with low back rests
- Side ventilation windows (sliding)
- Cockpit heating with windshield and canopy side air blowing & demist system, regulations of hot / cold air volume
- Tinted canopy with UV protection
- Automotive style canopy latching mechanism with canopy "closed / opened" signaling
- Large baggage compartment with baggage nets
- Fire extinguisher
- Emergency hammer + cutter
- First aid kit
- Advanced anodised and corrosion-proofed metal airframe
- All joints of construction riveted + bonded
- All heads of pop rivets filled with mastic
- Integral wing tanks with 120 l fuel capacity
- White colour painting
- Tricycle landing gear with rudder pedals
- Steerable nose wheel
- Tyres 15x6.00-6 (all wheels)
- Wheel spats (aerodynamic wheel covers)
- Whelen LED position and navigation lights in wing tips
- Whelen LED landing ligh in the wing
- Emergency locator transmitter
- COMM/NAV VOR/LOC/GS Garmin GNC255 + GI106A + XPDR GTX328 (mode S) + ACK A30
- COMM/NAV VOR/LOC/GS Garmin GNC255 + Dynon CDI + XPDR GTX328 (mode S) + ACK A30
- COMM Becker AR6201 + Transponder BXP6401 + BE6400
- Intercom PM3000
- Holder for iPad mini
- Airspeed indicator BK-300 (km/h)
- Altimeter BG-3E (ft/inHg)
- Altimeter BG6-2 (m/hPa)
- Vertical speed indicator BC10-1B (m/s)
- Ballistic recovery system Magnum Speed Soft 601
- Engine Rotax 912S (100 hp)
- Auxiliary generator
- Oil thermostat
- Towing equipment (up to 700 kg)
- Good Year 15x6.00-6
- External power plug
- Koger retractable sunshade
- Canopy top painted
- Cockpit isolation
- Front ventilation window (L+R)
- Painting from Evektor paint schemes catalogue
- Scope of optional equipment may change without prior notice.
|Length||19.62 ft (5.98 m)|
|Height||8.14 ft (2.48 m)|
|Wing span||28.40 ft (8.65 m)|
|Cabin width||3.87 ft (1.18 m)|
|Baggage compartment volume||10.06 cu.ft (285 l)|
|Weights & Quantities|
|Empty weight||683 lb (310 kg)|
|Maximum take-off weight||1 320 lb (600 kg)|
|Maximum baggage||55 lb (25 kg)|
|Design load factors||+6 / -3g|
|Operation load factors||+4 / -2g|
|Never exceed speed||146 kts (270 km/h)|
|Maximum level speed||115 kts (213 km/h)|
|Cruising speed||108 kts (200 km/h)|
|Stalling speed||40 kts (74 km/h)|
|Rate of climb||1 020 fpm (7.5 m/s)|
|Service ceiling||15 500 ft (4720 m)|
|Take-off run (concrete RWY)||620 ft (190 m)|
|Landing run (concrete RWY)||590 ft (180 m)|
|Range||700 nm (1 300 km)|
|Engine||Bombardier Rotax 912ULS|
|No. of cylindres||4|
|Maximum power||100 hp|
|Fuel||Unleaded automotive gasoline or AVGAS 100LL|
|Propeller||3-blade, on-ground adjustable propeller Woodcomp Klassic 1700/3/R|
Glider and Banner Towing
The SportStar is a reliable glider and banner towing aircraft with considerably lower operating costs compared to conventional GA aircrafts. The aircraft can be used for towing sailplanes up to 700 kg and banners up to 140 m2. Low operating costs, outstanding flight characteristics also in towing and a fantastic all-round view from the cabin make the SportStar an ideal towing aircraft.
Evektor SportStar has become the number one choice for training in flight schools worldwide; the aircraft is also popular among private pilots for cross country flying. Some of them have shared their experience:
Sunrise Aviation, John Wayne Airport, Santa Ana, California, USA
"Flight instructors like it because it is a really good training airplane. The SportStar is excellent for training, it has nice control responses, students love it as it is so easy to fly and visibility is absolutely unrestricted ..."
Dreams Come True (DCT) Aviation, Tipp City, Ohio, USA
"The Evektor SportStar is an exceptional product. It provides my students an excellent training platform. The Evektor SportStar is a very strong platform that is built to last even in the harsh environment of flight training. The SportStar has low operating costs and performs well in my FAA certified FAR Part 141 training program operated by Aviation Sales Inc. in Springboro Ohio."
Steven H. Minnich
Flight Instructor and FTO Manager
Aviator Academy, Stayner, Ontario, Canada
"Our flight school has been successfully operating for almost 5 years with Evektor SportStar airplanes. We tested several other light sport airplanes before we made the decision on which airplane would be the best for flight training. The decision to go with Evektor SportStar was based on these preferences: excellent handling characteristics and performance."
Flight Instructor / Aviator Academy
Adelaide Biplanes, Willunga, Australia
"We have now operated 6 of these aeroplanes over the last 9 years in ab-initio training in our busy little flying school here in South Australia. The fleet hours are now in an excess of 20,000 with an estimate of 100,000 landings. The airframes continue to be amazingly robust with only minor issues with structure around the main gear attachments. Routine maintenance has been exactly that routine (mostly engine related)! The new canopy design is simply leagues ahead and has worked faultlessly for us. Nose leg as always with any nosewheel aircraft is an area of high stress and wear, the SportStar has proved more durable than most with only the wear parts, bushes etc. needing to be replaced. WE still have no hesitation in recommending the SportStar to anyone, it is a great trainer."
Managing Director / Adelaide Biplanes
AB Flight, Allentown, Pensylvania, USA
"In 2005 I made a decision to purchase the Evektor SportStar. In January of 2006 I ordered my first SportStar and put it to work in the flight school. We put 700 hours on that aircraft in less than a year. That SportStar was very popular with flight instructors because of the ease of training pilots in an aircraft with such great flying characteristics. The students liked the aircraft not only because of the ease of operation but also for the attractive styling and comfort of the SportStar. I liked it because of the economical operation and minimal maintenance requirements.
Flight Instructor / FTO Manager
SportStar RTC - The Airplane for Aeroclubs
In France, the market of training aircraft has been a guarded territory of Pierre Robin airplanes for a long time, but from now on more and more aeroclubs desire to have more advance airplanes with lower purchase costs, like the SportStar RTC.
Read full article
Evektor Looks At It From Multiple Perspectives
With the introduction of the first CS-LSA-registered Evektor SportStar RTCs, Holland finally has availability of affordable training aircraft. The Czech low-wing aircraft stands out with relatively low operating costs and excellent flight characteristics, making it ideal for pilots training for Private Pilot Licenses (PPL).
Read full article
New Standard in Flight Training
he new Evektor´s pilot training airplane the SportStar RTC is combination of excellent flight characteristics, low operation costs, modern design and affordable price. The SportStar RTC airframe comes from the Evektor´s pilot training airplane called EV-97 VLA Harmony, which gained EASA JAR-VLA certification early 2005.
Read full article